Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Wedding Bells!

The Wedding Afghan

This is the afghan I have been working on for my nephew and his new wife. The wedding was last Saturday and everything was just perfect - the bride was stunning, the groom and his men were so handsome, the bridesmaids were gorgeous, the venue was beautiful, the food was delicious and the music selection was wonderful. I truly don't think I've ever been to such a perfectly planned and executed occasion, and really feel quite fortunate that I was invited and could participate in their special day. Congratulations, Tim and Chelsea!


But now back to the crocheting. I wanted to come up with an afghan for them that would be more contemporary looking than a traditional afghan; they just aren't the lacy shell types. Plus I wanted the afghan to "talk" to their wedding and the beginning of their life together.  So here is what I put together -

---Three panels of a diamond lattice pattern to represent their past, present  and future together. The diamond pattern also represents my wish for them to make it to their diamond (60th) wedding anniversary. I told them after that they're on their own.

---The two panels of a modified brick pattern (that's what I'm calling it and I'm sticking to it!) represents the foundation of their relationship they've already laid and the life that they'll be building together.


There is only one thing I wish I'd included - a cable stitch to represent the life line they may need to throw to one another at some point, because occasionally life can throw you a curve ball. But then again, I heard I have another nephew getting married this September. I believe I've just been given a chance to perfect this design!






                                    img_0522

No comments:

Post a Comment