Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Wedding Afghan 2.0

I know I didn't post anything last month, but believe it or not, I have been busy! I spent 2 weeks visiting with my Mom at the end of September/beginning October,  as well as going to my nephew's wedding on 9/30. What a beautiful wedding! The reception was held at a gorgeous country club and the food was fantastic. And the bride was stunning - they make such a good-looking couple. It was truly a lovely day, and I was so happy I could share it with them.

As I hoped in a previous post (And Another One Bites the Dust), the 2.0 version of the wedding afghan was definitely an improvement over the first one I made here (sorry Nate and Chelsea, but it's true). I modified the "brick" sections slightly and I added the cable "ropes". I did stay with neutral colors, but anyone could certainly choose whatever colors they would want, maybe perfecting the ombre look I was going for. I used Michael's Colorwheel no-pill acrylic yarn and it was wonderful! I don't know their reasoning, but Michael's is discontinuing it - it's currently on clearance for 99 cents a skein. How sad.

Close up of a diamond panel with cable

I used a crab stitch (reverse single crochet) for the edge

Ta Da!!







 As I was doing the diamond panels I fell in love with the diamond lattice stitch, so I decided to try it out on another project (more on that later). It is so lovely and reversible! I found this stitch online from a video made by a very nice Russian woman; of course I can't find it now. The stitch isn't super complicated, just a little tricky to describe in words. Perhaps I should make a video? Anyway, the pattern is currently available in my Bonanza store, which you can find here. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment