Saturday, May 12, 2018

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all mothers, including mothers-to-be, mothers to fur-babies, and mothers in spirit! I believe most women have a nurturing aspect to their personalities, and I like to take Mother's Day to celebrate this. I know this is a rather broad definition of this holiday, but I think the world would be a very different place without the caring  of women. So I hope all of you have a wonderful day!
I won't be able to spend Mother's Day with my Mom, but of course we'll talk and I sent her a card with a little contribution to her pig collection. I took the Little Crochet Bunny Pattern from Amigurumi Today.com and did a few tweaks to the pattern to create the girly-girl piglet for my mom.




The little dress is technically removable. I tried using tiny snaps but it didn't look right, so I just sewed the pearls to the dress. Looking at the dress now I realize I should've blocked it, especially the hemline. Oh, well. I'm sure my mom will excuse me. Other than that faux-pah, I was really happy with how she turned out.

Till next time, have a great day and happy crocheting!

No comments:

Post a Comment