Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Stained Glass Cowl

In my last post I mentioned that I was working on a new cowl - and Ta Da! - the Stained Glass Cowl is now done. It took a while (25 hours + dealing with ends), but I'm really happy with how it turned out.

IMG_1069A - Copy

The cowl was made out of Loops and Threads Woolike in black, red, pumpkin spice, lavender, sage, and denim blue, with an E hook. I can't tell you how much I love this color combination. It's just so yummy! I also like how the stitch makes a bobble-ish type texture; I've always been a big fan of texture stitches. The black sc stitch rows were always worked with the front side facing you. The 7-dc shell stitch rows were alternated between the front and back sides.

A

I discovered another really neat textured stitch called the Nest stitch and I worked on a wrap (see below) with that stitch on the plane rides to and from my visit with my mom (had a wonderful time, BTW!). Again, this is a heavily textured, squishy stitch and I can easily see why this would be great for a baby blanket. I'm using the Ls & Ts Woolike for this project too, and it looks like it will turn into a really nice lightweight wrap/scarf.






IMG_1094 - Copy

Alas, I must put this aside to work on the Christmas ornaments that I give to my family. They're not crocheted this year. Actually, I'm using a craft project from Martha Stewart that she showcased on one of her shows many, many years ago. You decorate styrofoam balls with lovely fabric, embellished ribbons, and anything else you think would look good. Of course, hers were gorgeous; I can only hope mine come out half as good!

No comments:

Post a Comment